Blogs > Lighten Up with Cynthia

40-year-old Cynthia Frary of Painesville signed up for Lighten Up for a simple reason: To save her life. After suffering a heart attack, Frary's doctor told her that if she didn't lose weight, it was a death sentence. She got serious after that and she's on her way to a healthy life.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Weight loss blog for Cynthia

From Feb. 2, 2012:


I would like to introduce myself.  My name is Cynthia and I need as much support as possible!   I decided to join the lighten up program threw the News Herald.  Over the next six months I will be    
blogging about my efforts in weight loss.  My hope is to take you exactly threw what I am experiencing.  I have never blogged before so this will be my first effort in doing so.  I would like to give all of you a little back ground information about myself.  I am 41 years old, and need to take off a very large amount of weight!  This last year I had a  big scare in my life.  I had a 99% blockage in a heart artery and had a heart attack.  I had to have a stint placed, and am hoping this is the beginning of the road to my long recovery.  I will be checking in often to let you know of the progress that I make and the challenges that I face.  I am looking for any tips that you may have to give.  I started this journey on Sunday by weighting in, and it wasn't such a good thing.  This is the heaviest that I have ever been.  I have always been very heavy even as a child, but this weigh in was more of the eye opener that I needed to get going.  My first thought after weighting in was....what shall I have for my last big splurge.  Hmmmm so many choices.  Okay what can I say I am a addict, a slave to junk food.  In general I am very picky about what I eat, with the exception of sweets.  So I had my last big binge by eating a mint chocolate milk shake.  Boy could I go for one right now.  I ate that and it felt great going down, however when I was done the guilt was worse than ever.  Why is it that eating can be so fun and fill that empty spot for the moment?  Why can some people eat and eat and never gain weight, why, why , why?  The first full day I tried very hard to keep myself busy.  You see I very much like to take naps and since this is a new way of life for me, I will not be doing that.  Day two I am getting irritated.  I think I am having sugar with drawls.  I know from past experience that it will take me a good couple of weeks to get over this symptom.  I also have to keep moving.  I really want to go swimming at my local gym, however being seen by everyone in the pool area is not really a joy.  Neither is admitting my neglect that I have done to my body.  They say your body is supposed to be a temple,  I guess mine is falling down and needs some major repair.  I need to work on building confidence and strength in myself.  I am hoping to do this several different ways.  I need to get myself together spiritually as well as physically.  So my first plan of action is to start having a daily devotional time, followed by exercise, eating right, surrounding myself with friends and family, and going to OA.  I also need to focus on more water consumption and making sure that I get all of my vitamins.  I have been really wanting to cheat so far this week, but have not done so as of yet.  I know I have to take my life into account now.  Lord please walk with me and help me to be a inspiration to others. Talk to you more tomorrow.  xoxo

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dennis said...

I too have had heart problems, three heart attacks, several stents, and double bypass surgery. I need to take off about 30 to 40 pounds. I've lost the weight before but like most I put it back on. Make sure you choose a weight loss program that you can live with because it's about a change in lifestyle.

June 13, 2012 at 5:52 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home