Blogs > Lighten Up with Cynthia

40-year-old Cynthia Frary of Painesville signed up for Lighten Up for a simple reason: To save her life. After suffering a heart attack, Frary's doctor told her that if she didn't lose weight, it was a death sentence. She got serious after that and she's on her way to a healthy life.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Saturday check-in for February 4

From Feb. 4, 2012:

Today I found some great things that I can have at a fast food place without blowing my diet or should I say new way of life:)  I investigated calories for these places because I will be going on vacation in a couple weeks and I need to know what I can have on the road trip portion.  I found some good choices at McDonald's such as the yogurt parfait, there plain garden salad, their fruit and nut salad, and their oatmeal.  Of course there is always the obvious choice of Subway.  I also found that chilli from Wendy's is good on protein and low in calories and very filling.  I have a problem with getting in enough protein, so I also investigated nuts and beans.  I found pistachios as a good fit for me, and chick peas or hummus with vegetables.  I must admit that some of these things are far cry from the snacks I normally would have.  However I am feeling a bit more pep today. 

1 Comments:

Blogger CD said...

Cynthia, can you pack some snacks to take with you on the road? Maybe a small cooler with some cut up fruits and veggies or your own yogurt. (Saves money too.) I try to do that when I go anywhere with Elise otherwise we'd be making all kinds of stops, spending lots of money and making poor food choices.
Are you going somewhere fun? Is it cruise time?
Enjoy.

February 8, 2012 at 12:18 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home