Blogs > Lighten Up with Cynthia

40-year-old Cynthia Frary of Painesville signed up for Lighten Up for a simple reason: To save her life. After suffering a heart attack, Frary's doctor told her that if she didn't lose weight, it was a death sentence. She got serious after that and she's on her way to a healthy life.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Checking for the week of February 11

The weekend went fairly well for me.  However I still am having a problem with getting motivated on the exercise.  I think mainly because I have a very bad back.  I know I need to get to the pool and try and do some exercising there.  I also need to walk more.  I know that I will not be able to do high intensity workouts until I get some weight off.  My friends keep telling me it will be a slow process.  I have added more to my diet in the way of fruits and vegetables.  I have been making myself try new things that I previously would not eat.  I had some mushrooms this past weekend and found them okay so long as they were cooked.  When I go out to eat I really need to be very specific, with my order.  I noticed they really do include a lot of butter and or oils.  Last night I had a sub from subway and half way threw I discovered it had mayo on it.  Its all about watching all the little things.  That mayo adds up very quick.  Especially if it is not low fat or low cal.  I have also been eating more small meals.  Yesterday I ate 3 meals and 3 snacks and I felt like all I did was eat all day.  The thing is though I watch television and especially at night find the food commercials drive me nuts.  Yummy pizza, burgers, tacos.....You get the picture.  Even though I do not find myself getting hungry much, I still am having intense cravings for sweets and junk food.  Like I said before its fun to sit down and just mindlessly eat while watching a movie.  I need to fill that with other things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home