Blogs > Lighten Up with Cynthia

40-year-old Cynthia Frary of Painesville signed up for Lighten Up for a simple reason: To save her life. After suffering a heart attack, Frary's doctor told her that if she didn't lose weight, it was a death sentence. She got serious after that and she's on her way to a healthy life.

Monday, February 20, 2012

My first big goof:(

On Friday I weighed in.  I got some good news that I am right on track were I want to be:)  I was very happy about that.  Saturday I had a benefit dinner to go to.  Nine of us went together and there were many more there that I knew.  It was a spaggetti dinner so I knew I may get off track a little.  I planned ahead and ate very light during the day, so I would have plenty of calories left for the evening meal.  I have to say that I did well with the salad, and picked a marinara sauce, that part was okay.  The part that I goofed on was eating 4 meatballs and desert.  I do have to commend myself however because I could have gotten seconds on the spaggetti and the desert but I did not.  I at least am being more mindful of what I am doing even when I am in a situation that I can not differ my food.  I do feel a bit guilty about eating that, but I just have to remember that I can do this and I will not fail.  I also am so thankful for all the people that are supporting me in this venture.  It means a lot to me to know I have this support and know that I am not alone.  I am getting ready to leave on vacation for one month.  I will continue to blog my progress from the road and the cruise ship I will be boarding.  I know there will be a lot of temptations, however I plan to keep active.  I am an avid traveler so I already have some plans in place.  I think that the hardest thing will be the drive to and from Florida.  We will need to break it up into three days at least because I have to stop every two hours to get out and walk so I do not get blood clots.  I can never be to careful after my heart attack.  The doctor gave me the go ahead and said the driving is the only part she is worried about.  I am more worried about the food on the road.  Tomorrow I will pack my lunch and snacks and continue to journal everything I eat during the day.  I just want to thank my friends also for dog sitting and house sitting for me.  It is so wonderful to have great friends:)  xo

2 Comments:

Anonymous Michelle said...

Keep up the good work, Cynthia!!! You can do it!

February 20, 2012 at 7:15 PM 
Anonymous Shirlynne said...

Enjoy your vacation, sweet sis! I'm sure there will be lots of fun physical activities on board. I'll be checking back to follow your progress throughout. :) Love ya!

February 21, 2012 at 11:19 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home