Blogs > Lighten Up with Cynthia

40-year-old Cynthia Frary of Painesville signed up for Lighten Up for a simple reason: To save her life. After suffering a heart attack, Frary's doctor told her that if she didn't lose weight, it was a death sentence. She got serious after that and she's on her way to a healthy life.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day two from the road

I have been doing very well with the eating on the road!  I have made healthy decisions and even looked the other way with strong will power while others eat things I really wish that I could.  I have been tired from the driving so I have not gotten as much exercise as I should be getting.  I also need to be careful with the emotional eating.  When ever I have a problem I can not turn to my old best friend chocolate.  I need to stay focused!  I had something very disturbing happen to me today.  I say this because I have had blinders on and have been in denial!  I do not have a full length mirror at home, so most of the time I just focus on the shoulders up.  Today I looked at myself in a full length mirror with very few clothes on.  I was very mortified by what I saw.  A wave of I am not sure I can do this washed over me.  How did I let it get this far?  I am very mad at myself.  It was bad enough facing my true weight, but when you see the results of what you have done to yourself it's totally a different thing.  I just have to hop on the treadmill after I write this tonight and think positive.  I can do this, I can do this!  Every day I will be closer to my goal.  Please keep me in your prayers because this is going to be a long hard journey.  I know all things are possible for those who believe.xo

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers and support our with you Cynthia. You can do it!
Suzi

February 24, 2012 at 11:18 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home