Blogs > Lighten Up with Cynthia

40-year-old Cynthia Frary of Painesville signed up for Lighten Up for a simple reason: To save her life. After suffering a heart attack, Frary's doctor told her that if she didn't lose weight, it was a death sentence. She got serious after that and she's on her way to a healthy life.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Amazing!

As you already know I am on a cruise for vacation.  I was sitting by the pool today in a deck chair in the shade thinking about this weight loss process.  I was also thinking that I can't wait for the day that I can get out of these deck chairs with out them sticking to me.  I was mulling over the usual things such as why can't I get into this or that blah blah blah when I noticed a woman with a prosthetic leg.  Now I take notice of these things mostly because my mother is disabled and she to is missing a leg, however she can not walk.  That is not the first thing I noticed about this woman though.  She had a big smile on her face and was just radiant.  She just seemed so happy.  Mind you she was maybe about 60 and not glamorous, but just so full of joy and happiness.  I ended up talking to her and it turns out she just lost her leg this past year and had to go threw a kidney transplant.  She also told me her mom had just passed away two weeks ago.  I though how in the world is she still so joy full when all of this happed to her.  She told me how happy she was to be alive.  As I left her I thought about my own problems and how minimal they actually are compared to the struggle this woman has gone threw.  How Amazing!  Once again God sends me inspirations not to give up hope, but to keep going.  All things are possible:) xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home