Blogs > Lighten Up with Cynthia

40-year-old Cynthia Frary of Painesville signed up for Lighten Up for a simple reason: To save her life. After suffering a heart attack, Frary's doctor told her that if she didn't lose weight, it was a death sentence. She got serious after that and she's on her way to a healthy life.

Friday, March 9, 2012

The Clean Plate Club!

Today I was in the dinning room of the ship and I had a though of how much we waste.  I know growing up I belonged to the clean plate club.  I would hear the usual about starving people and do you know how much that food cost.  I have come to the realization that I have stuck to that rule for life.  I think I should abandon this rule by trying to cut down on what I order or what I put on my plate in the first place.  On this ship there are people from all over the world that work in the dinning rooms and the kitchens.  Some of them are from very poor countries and probably have never seen so much food in their life.  They must wonder why we waste so much.  I have a extreme guilt over this and study their faces as they clean the tables.  What must be running threw there heads?  What must they think of me this obese American?  Hard to know for sure, however I hope the next trip I take I will be weighting much less. All things are possible. xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home