Blogs > Lighten Up with Cynthia

40-year-old Cynthia Frary of Painesville signed up for Lighten Up for a simple reason: To save her life. After suffering a heart attack, Frary's doctor told her that if she didn't lose weight, it was a death sentence. She got serious after that and she's on her way to a healthy life.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Bar Food

I went out to a bar slash restaurant with my friends for St. Patrick's Day.  They wanted to go to somewhere that had corn beef and cabbage and some fun.  Mind you I have not eaten in a bar since before I started this new way of life. I figured okay I know by now what I should avoid and am getting better at ordering.  I looked the menu over and they had so many good things on there that I have never tried before, such as fried brownie, fried waffle cones with powdered sugar and much more.  Okay I won't be getting that I though.  There were eight of us who went out and so I knew already some big temptations would be coming to the table, this is the time I need to man up.  Alchohol and soda are not my downfall thank goodness.  As a matter of fact I don't drink any alcohol, soda, coffee, or tea.  I have not done so since I was maybe twenty two.  So all the hoopla over green beer and free shot's did not bother me at all.  I decided I would order some salsa and plain chips for appetizers, and go with a salad and grilled chicken for my main entree.  I figured this way I could munch, talk and have a great time without feeling at all deprived.  The chips and salsa came and I just thought they were really good since I have not had them for a very long time.  That is until I got to the bottom of the chip basket and I saw what appeared to be left over grease.  Well apparently they make there own chips and deep fry them.  Not so good there!  My dinner came later and the salad had major cheese on it and so did the chicken breast.  I guess I am not that good at ordering in bars after all.  I didn't think to say no cheese on salad or the side of grilled chicken.  Mind you everything was excellent tasting, but I am sure not so good with the fat and calories.  I couldn't pick the small cheese bits out of the salad so I ate it and I really needed some protein so I did eat the chicken even though I question if that was grilled like they had said it was.  It looked grilled, but had grease residue on the plate.  Okay by this point I decided I was not very happy with the choices that I had made, and was quite annoyed with myself.  Dessert was ordered and what should they bring but loads of deep fried brownies.  Just keep talking and don't look at them.  That's what I kept telling myself.  After we had our dessert we decided to grab our dogs and go to the dog park since it was such a beautiful day.  To burn extra calories I decided I was going to pick up every cigarette and stick I could find in the whole park.  I did this for a good half hour or so and wanted to do more, but could not.  I was sorry when I got home I did that because my back is so bad I couldn't straighten up.  I sometimes think my life is very comedic.  I went to bed early telling myself tomorrow is a new day and all things are possible.xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home