Blogs > Lighten Up with Cynthia

40-year-old Cynthia Frary of Painesville signed up for Lighten Up for a simple reason: To save her life. After suffering a heart attack, Frary's doctor told her that if she didn't lose weight, it was a death sentence. She got serious after that and she's on her way to a healthy life.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Reappearing Cookies


I am now back home, but I wanted to talk about the road trip back home.  I found that I did well on the road, however we tend to stay at a particular brand of hotel when we travel and every time I would check in there would be cookies on the counter or in the room itself.  The first night I was so tired and hungry that I actually held a packet of cookies in my hand and tried to justify eating them.  I kept going back and forth in my mind.  I could eat them and skip dinner.  Their here so I would not have to go out to dinner, you get the picture.  You will be happy to know that I did not eat the cookies the first night.  I ended up giving them to my family.  So what should happen they bring back more cookies from the front desk counter.  By this time my will power is fading fast and I decide to go to bed.  The next morning I get in the car and what should I find but the cookies I gave my family last night staring at me.  I seem not to be able to shake these cookies.  I consider throwing them away however my family will ask what happened to there cookies.  Finally they eat them which is a huge relief so I can stop thinking about them.  Sure enough that night check in to another hotel more cookies on the front desk.  I get past them and think I am in the clear.  I get my key in the door and open it and what is the first thing I see waiting for us is cookies laid out.  This proceeded for three days.  I managed to avoid eating them but for some reason it was such a struggle.  I failed to mention that there were goodie bags for the road when you check out and they had blue berry muffins inside and some more healthy choices as well which I am thankful for.  I must say that now the muffins were also calling my name.  Okay so what can I say I am addicted to sugar and junk food.  I thought the cravings would lessen and they have, but when it's right in my face it can be very difficult.  I also managed to avoid all muffins, but one.  At 260 calories a piece it would not have been a good thing to choose.  There was a time when a could eat two or three of these muffins and be content.  However I am proud to say that I am trying to stay clear of such things.  I just have to think positive.  All things are possible for those who believe.xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home