Blogs > Lighten Up with Cynthia

40-year-old Cynthia Frary of Painesville signed up for Lighten Up for a simple reason: To save her life. After suffering a heart attack, Frary's doctor told her that if she didn't lose weight, it was a death sentence. She got serious after that and she's on her way to a healthy life.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Jeans

I have been away from home almost a month.  I know I did pretty well while I was gone with diet and as much exercise as I could do for my different conditions.  When I got home this week I went to a few friends houses to catch up on how my vacation went.  These friends know about my diet journey and have been super supportive.  I really appreciate them so much for that!  I ended up going to three different places in the last couple of days.  Two out of the three houses I visited said that they saw a noticeable change in my weight.  Of course that made me very happy.  Since I have not been able to weight in, and the group weigh in is at the end of the month.  Last night I was so hungry because I was busy and missed dinner, however I did not do my regular old Cynthia thing, by eating late at night etc.  I just went to bed.  By the way I have been on a much stricter schedule than before I started.  Before I would go to bed at any given time between 1 and 5 and wake up at any time between 1 and 3.  So part of this is very good because I now have more energy am getting more things done in the day.  I just think overall it is more healthy for my body.  I still feel tired during the day, and have given in here and there to some naps, but have been pretty good about the sleep thing.  So today I awoke to the thought of I think I will try on some jeans that did not fit well a couple months ago.  Mind you I could get them zipped up, but they were much to tight to wear out in public.  To make a long story short I am thinking these particular jeans are going to fit like a charm now.  Hmm not so!  They are still tight and I am a bit miffed!  Okay so why can't I see a bigger difference in my jeans?  I know that I need to have patience but what if my friends were just being nice.  What if I messed up on something on the cruise.  I did have a lot of nuts and did have some sugar free desserts.  Maybe I didn't lose anything.  So I am sitting here right now with these very tight jeans on and stewing about the situation.  I am not happy with myself.  I am later this afternoon going out with some friends for St. Patrick's day and I am not even going to let anything fattening enter my mind.  I will do this.  All things are possible. xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home