Blogs > Lighten Up with Cynthia

40-year-old Cynthia Frary of Painesville signed up for Lighten Up for a simple reason: To save her life. After suffering a heart attack, Frary's doctor told her that if she didn't lose weight, it was a death sentence. She got serious after that and she's on her way to a healthy life.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Monday Movie Nights

I have a facebook page for the dog park.  I organize different events for the people who come up to the park.  It is quite fun and very social.  I love it!  It is also a good way to stay away from food, since no food is aloud in the park.(food aggressive dogs)  Last night I got together with some of the people for our Monday movie night.  I really look forward to this.  I feel movies are a bit of a escape away from ones problems.  I also really like the comradery.  Some times after the movie we go to a restaurant to eat.  Thankfully this week we did not.  But if we had I already had saved enough calories threw out the day for a grilled chicken salad or veggie snack of some sort.  I have to admit the one big thing about going to the movies is the great snacks they have to offer.  Yes the prices are outrageous, however when you walk in and you smell the aroma of that special movie pop corn it makes your mouth water.  I  had planned ahead for this!  I brought some fruit in my purse.  Shhhhh don't tell on me.  lol.  So while my friends snacked away on there great smelling popcorn I ate crunchy apples.  I know its not quite the same, but it made me feel like I was not being deprived.  This seems to be a common theme in my life.  I don't want to miss out on anything.   After the movie last night, I felt quite happy with myself for not giving in.  This by the way was my first time at movie night since I started this journey.  As you already know I had been on vacation for half of this contest. It is hard to believe we are going on week eight.  The time sure does fly.  All things are possible. xo 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home