Blogs > Lighten Up with Cynthia

40-year-old Cynthia Frary of Painesville signed up for Lighten Up for a simple reason: To save her life. After suffering a heart attack, Frary's doctor told her that if she didn't lose weight, it was a death sentence. She got serious after that and she's on her way to a healthy life.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Tired

I have to say that when I am tired, it seems like the time I am most likely to give in to temptation.  I have had several different nights this week, that I have been tired, running late, and not having had any dinner.  I wanted to give in!  A little here a little there!  What will it hurt?  I guess I just have to think that when I want to cheat I am not cheating anyone else but myself.  I was thinking today wouldn't it be something if every pound I took off added an extra day to my life!  I have to put it in these terms to myself.  That is what I face with already having had this heart attack by the time I am 40.  They (who ever they are) say that you have to hit rock bottom in order to change.  I definitely hit rock bottom and then some!  Its frightening the path that I was headed down.  I could still head down that road if I am not careful.  I have to repeat to myself I am a addict especially to sweets.  If I have one bite that bite will turn into one more and so on.  I can't let down my guard for a minute. For whatever reason sugar especially with chocolate gives me a feeling of fulfillment.  I feel really good as I am eating this junk and as I have said before after it's all gone I feel really guilty.  One week from tomorrow I will be weighting in for the third time during this process.  I will actually see how the other contestants are doing.  I want to hit things hard this week, but also have to remind myself I am not on the Biggest Loser!  Slow and steady wins the race.  All things are possible:) xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home