Blogs > Lighten Up with Cynthia

40-year-old Cynthia Frary of Painesville signed up for Lighten Up for a simple reason: To save her life. After suffering a heart attack, Frary's doctor told her that if she didn't lose weight, it was a death sentence. She got serious after that and she's on her way to a healthy life.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

The confusing human body and mind

I am generally the type of person who thinks that after a few weeks a diet seems to get easier.  For me that is.  I have had success in the past and this theory seems to hold true.  It's funny because I saw someone asking for dieting advice on facebook the other day.  I knew the answers she was looking for, however I held back because of my obesity.  You see the obese seems to understand diets more than anyone else.  We have tried all the different fads, and of course traditional ways to diet.  I could teach a class on how to loose weight.  I have seen medical doctors, psychiatrists, councilors, dietitians, trainers, been to OA, read every book I could get my hands on about the subject.  I still refrain from diet advice for the most part, because they will just look at you and say "well obviously it did not work for you!"  Yes my way has worked for me before, but my addiction has gotten me right back to the start or worse.  I will confide in you that at one point about 12 years ago I lost 150 pounds.  That is not a typo either!  At that time I did not have the health problems I do now.  I was so proud of myself and so close to were I thought I wanted to be.  As you can see though I got right back to were I was before and then some.  This is not to be negative!  I realize this is my journey and I and only I can work out my problems.  So when you are with someone that is obese they most likely will have the diet answers you seek. Back to my theory on diets getting easier as you go along.  This past week has been just awful for me.  For some unknown reason to me I have wanted to eat everything and anything that I can.  I have not given in for the most part, but I have exceeded my calories quite a bit this week.  To say I am displeased with myself is putting it mildly.  My mind likes to toy with me.  If I go off one meal, I will think what's one more, or I skipped exercise today whats another day.  You get the point.  Last week I lost one pound when I weighed in.  Okay so this is going in the right direction.  But seriously one pound.  I have my weigh in for the News Herald one week from today and I need to up my game big time.  All things are possible. xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home