Blogs > Lighten Up with Cynthia

40-year-old Cynthia Frary of Painesville signed up for Lighten Up for a simple reason: To save her life. After suffering a heart attack, Frary's doctor told her that if she didn't lose weight, it was a death sentence. She got serious after that and she's on her way to a healthy life.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Food Journal

Today I am going to touch on  the subject of keeping a food Journal.  This is a practice that I learned many years ago that I find works very well for me.  I carry a small note pad with me to write down even the smallest things that I consume.  I do this because I am the type of person that thinks things don't count if you only have a bite of this or a bite of that.  This helps me to be more mindful of everything I eat.  So if I do have a bite of something I write it down.  Along with writing all of this down I also note how much fluid I take in and the calories of each and everything.  I do not let myself go over 1800 calories per day.  You may wonder how do I know exactly how many calories in each item.  I do not eat it if I don't know what the calories are.  I carry a calorie counter with me also.  I know there are many other ways to go about this process however this seems to be the easiest for me.  I know you can log it online and the computer will figure out your calories for you.  I don't do it this way though because I may not be home for a few hours and I have to know were I am at for the day at all times.  This is so I can figure out how many calories I can spend per meal.  I also have a nifty little scale that will tell me the weigh of things and the amount of calories, however this I am not going to carry in my purse. I was also told about an app for my cell phone that will help me keep track.  It doesn't matter how you do it just journal!  All things are possible.xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home