Blogs > Lighten Up with Cynthia

40-year-old Cynthia Frary of Painesville signed up for Lighten Up for a simple reason: To save her life. After suffering a heart attack, Frary's doctor told her that if she didn't lose weight, it was a death sentence. She got serious after that and she's on her way to a healthy life.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ignorance is Not Always Bliss!

This is something that I have to remind myself of on almost a daily basis.  Don't let other peoples ignorance get you down.  I used to really be affected by this.  It made me want to eat more.  I will give you an example.  I really don't like (I may have said this in the past) going to the mall, the side of a busy street, board walks etc....This is because when you are my size you start to get eyes in the back of your head and you just know when people are talking about you.  It is a very uncomfortable feeling and I do not want to subject my friends or family to the ridicule that I sometime attract.  Sometimes I don't even need the eyes in the back of my head because these certain people will say thing loud enough for me and anyone else around to hear.  I was out walking last week and of course some people drove by me yelling out there window.  Yes it was about my weight.  I would just like to thank them for pointing out the obvious that I am overweight.  If they had not told me I would not have had any clue.  Please people when you pick on someone for there flaws is it really necessary to point out the elephant in the room? (no pun intended)  I am a believer that if you act confident for the most part people will not say much, but every once in a while you will still find a jerk or two.  So when this happenends I am going to try and not go binge or stop whatever activity I am doing at the time.  I understand the basic psychology of this, that the person may just be insecure themselves, however this type of thing does not always just roll of ones back.  Please God help me to be forgiving to these ignorant people.  All things are possible. xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home