Blogs > Lighten Up with Cynthia

40-year-old Cynthia Frary of Painesville signed up for Lighten Up for a simple reason: To save her life. After suffering a heart attack, Frary's doctor told her that if she didn't lose weight, it was a death sentence. She got serious after that and she's on her way to a healthy life.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

People around me

I know we have discussed this before, but I wanted to touch on it again.  Some of the people in my life really feel they have my best interest at heart.  However I want to check in once again with the word sabotaging.  I have a very difficult time with some very particular things.  I am sure we all have some foods that are triggers for us.  Mine just happens to be dessert!  While I was away on vacation I tested the waters (no pun intended) with sugar free desserts.  When I returned home I discovered that many of these sugar free desserts have just as many calories and fat than the real thing.  This is not good.  So when well intending people offer me sugar free things it can be a temptation in itself.  Having just had Easter pass I found this to be very true.  I am finding I am best if I just stick to very simple things without a lot of process going on.  Like fruits etc...I kind of feel like this if you were an alcoholic would your friends bring you wine to drink saying that its okay because it's not the hard stuff?  Or would they bring into your home different kinds of alcohol and say that you could just have a sip to try them.  I think not!  So the next time you want to press a friend who is trying to diet to have just one small piece think of what I just said.  One small piece could send me into a bender for the rest of the week.  All things are possible! xo 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home