Blogs > Lighten Up with Cynthia

40-year-old Cynthia Frary of Painesville signed up for Lighten Up for a simple reason: To save her life. After suffering a heart attack, Frary's doctor told her that if she didn't lose weight, it was a death sentence. She got serious after that and she's on her way to a healthy life.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Different Styles

I know some people watch their fat intake, some watch there carbohydrates, some watch there calories, some just eat meat, some take diet pills, some only consume fluid some count points.  Being overweight I have tried and experimented with a lot of diets.  I can tell you this it all has to do with some kind of restriction.  I personally am a calorie counter.  I have read almost everything from doctors, scientists, and trainers I can get my hands on.  As well as the current diet fads.  Yes I have even tried the sprinkling.  Now I know the average person would not look at me and say you are a expert in dieting.  I do feel that I am quite knowledgeable and have some very good tips to offer people.  May I remind you I once before lost 150 pounds.  That was quite a while ago, non the less I did do it and since I have learned so much more.  I really do as I said in the past on my blogs think I could teach a class.  Someone may say then why are you not thin?  I do not or have not always put into practice what I know.  Let's just say it is more fun to eat.  I do think now however I really have to change this pattern that I had followed for so long.  For the last few months I have been given quite a bit of advice from people who have never had a weight problem or have never really had to watch what they eat.  From the reading I have done it all comes down to simple math.  A resting body tends to need 10 calories per pound to stay about the same weight.  I am currently letting myself have 1800 calories a day.  I had a friend question if that is to many calories to lose weight.  The answer is no.  A woman my age and height should have approximately 2000 calories per day.  This is if she leads a fairly moderate life and at least gets off the couch and does some things.  I will make the figuring easy if someone is 300 pounds they can have 3000 calories a day and not gain weight.  Say for instance you are at 300 pounds and you do go to 1800 calories a day then every 3500 calories extra you save during the week will result in a one pound loss.  If you actually look at things in the long run things that are lower in calories are generally lower in fat etc....  So counting points, calories, carbohydrates, fat and so on will generally come out to be very close.  Add moderate exercise to the mix of things and you will most likely loose a little more.  Now in the case of women there is sometimes as we all know water retention.  So keep that in mind.  That is why the experts will tell you not to weigh yourself more than once a week.  Also keep in mind that you should be weighing in at the same time and consuming a similar meal before weighing in.  Also take into consideration on if you have gone to the toilet.  Take your shoes off because your shoes as well as jewelry can affect the weigh in.  That said I hope this information will indeed help someone out there. I would like to add that some diet drugs have caffeine in them.  Too much caffeine is very bad for the heart.  So just watch your intake.  All things are possible. xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home