Blogs > Lighten Up with Cynthia

40-year-old Cynthia Frary of Painesville signed up for Lighten Up for a simple reason: To save her life. After suffering a heart attack, Frary's doctor told her that if she didn't lose weight, it was a death sentence. She got serious after that and she's on her way to a healthy life.

Friday, May 4, 2012

A Long Month

I have not been updating my blog as much as I would like to. That is about to change.  I have been kept quite busy by some personal issues and now I see that I must separate myself from them and concentrate on myself!  Last week I weighed in for the monthly weigh in.  I did okay, by okay I lost 8 pounds in a month.  While most would be quite happy at this loss, I still feel like I can do better.  I started walking a couple of weeks ago and that seems to be helping quite a bit.  I have to be very careful though not to get over heated.  I did not walk for two days straight because of it being hot.  Now I know in the past 80 degrees would not have been to hot to walk for me.  After having my heart issues I guess I must take things a bit slow.  I would like to thank my good friend Teresa for walking with me each day.  I have gotten up to a mile each day.  While once again it is not a far distance this is quite good for me.  I used to get tired just taking a shower.  I don't want to be old before my time.  I want to be carefree and vibrant with running, walking, jumping, playing etc....  I feel so much more freedom than I did when I first started.  I have lost over 30 pounds now and it has been approximately 15 weeks.  That is an average of two pounds per week.  That is a good healthy number, and I have been told that the slower it comes off the better it will stay off.  I am not really sure if this holds true though because I can just smell something and gain weight.  Our body's are a very unique thing.  Sometimes I thing I am going to loose more and I gain.  Sometimes I think I will gain and I loose.  I would guess this is due to water retention and possibly putting on a little muscle and bathroom schedules.  I also tried something this week that I have never tried.  I played let's dance with my friend Marge.  It was fun, but I think I burnt more calories laughing at myself than anything else.  I did get to do my weekly weigh in today and lost 2 pounds this week.  Right on schedule:)  All things are possible! xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home