Blogs > Lighten Up with Cynthia

40-year-old Cynthia Frary of Painesville signed up for Lighten Up for a simple reason: To save her life. After suffering a heart attack, Frary's doctor told her that if she didn't lose weight, it was a death sentence. She got serious after that and she's on her way to a healthy life.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Snails Pace

Okay so I am averaging about two pounds per week.  I am glad I am headed in the right direction.  I however feel like I am moving at a snails pace!  I think I have been seeing to many ads that say "you can loose ten pounds in seven days."  If only I could.  I have to keep talking myself threw this process every day.  I say to myself I did not put this on over night and I am not going to take it off over night, (even though I can gain twice as fast as I can loose).  I have been told two pounds a week is a good number.  I guess it would be a good number if I say only had to loose twenty or thirty pounds.  However as we all know that is not the case.  This week I have been dealing with such strong urges to just binge!  I feel like doing so right now.  In order to stop the urge I decided to sit down and write this.  I have to tell myself.... do I want another heart attack, or diabetes, or my back problems to worsen, do I really want to shorten my overall life span?  The answer to all of these questions is NO!  I still do not understand completely my urge to binge.  I get this even when I am not hungry.  I am working with someone on this and they tell me that it is a comfort thing.  I do feel comforted when I am binging, however when it is done I feel terrible.  If you will would you keep me in your prayers?  I am now doing better with my getting around, however the walking I have been doing with my extra weight is taking a big toll on my knees.  Who would have thought I would be old before my time.  I hope one day to be able to do more things that are truly amazing with my life.  I am not sure were God it taking me, but it's already been a heck of a ride.  All things are possible:) xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home